For admission to Moroccan Public Institutions of Higher, Technical and Vocational Education for the academic year 2022–2023, the Moroccan Agency of International Cooperation (AMCI) has awarded scholarships to Pakistani students. The deadline for HEC to receive nominations is September 20, 2022.
- Be a citizen of Pakistan or the AJK and a resident there permanently. Holders of two nationalities are ineligible.
- By the start of the academic year in (September/October 2023), the chosen scholar must be able to begin his or her academic studies at Moroccan universities.
By the application deadline, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- 12 years of schooling minimum (FSC/A-level) Undergraduate programme degree. aged between 19 and 23.
- For a master’s programme, a minimum of 16 years of education in pertinent fields of study
- For admission to the appropriate PhD programme at a Moroccan university, you must have completed at least 18 years of schooling in the applicable discipline.
- Only students who have demonstrated satisfactory performance in the French language learning programme will be given the go-ahead to travel to Morocco to pursue their scholarship/Training in the French language at the Moroccan public institution for higher education. The language of instruction is French. No one will be able to apply for a scholarship unless they can demonstrate adequate French language proficiency. Those who do not possess a sufficient command of the French language must enrol in a French language programme at an institution specifically designed for this purpose, such as the Alliance Francaise, the French Cultural Center, etc. Arabic is the language of instruction in linguistic disciplines, Arabic literature, and Islamic studies, hence candidates for these fields must be competent in Arabic and in possession of a competency certificate.
- Other conditions established by the relevant Moroccan university must be met by applicants.
- The candidate cannot have previously been barred from the Kingdom of Morocco due to any criminal behaviour.
- Prior to arriving in Morocco for the academic year 2022–2023, the applicant who is accepted into the French language training programme run by their country of origin should have the following documents in their possession.
- a permanent visa (student visa)
- Vaccination record attesting to the individual’s immunity to infectious and communicable diseases, specifical tuberculosis
NOTE: All applicants are urged to carefully study the guidelines (pages 2-3) in the Moroccan information file linked above. This will assist you in locating your ideal college and programme.
To locate Moroccan universities:
Please check out these sites:
BEFORE APPLYING TO ANY PROGRAM, PLEASE READ THIS:
- Students applying for any professional degree, such as those in medicine, engineering, agriculture, etc., are solely responsible for confirming that the degree has been accredited by the relevant Councils, such as the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC), Agriculture Council, Nursing Council, etc.
Note: If a programme is not recognised by HEC and your relevant council, it is recommended that you not apply to it.
Application Procedure and documents required
- Download and complete the AMCI application form found at
- Please be aware that Morocco requires the AMCI application form to be submitted in French. The applicant may enter his or her information on the French application form in English.
- An unofficial English translation of the French form is supplied for the convenience of the applicants (click here).
- Apply online at HEC on the website: https://scholarships.hec.gov.pk/#/auth/login .Please choose “Learning Opportunities Abroad” after registering and filling up your profile. Get the applicant to sign the application’s printed copy after it has been submitted. On September 20, 2022, the HEC online application portal will close (04.00 PM)
- All applicants should be aware that HEC will handle all nominations from Pakistan. Please send two sets of the AMCI application (FRENCH Form) in spiral binding, along with the necessary supporting documentation listed on page 2 of the AMCI application form, and one copy of the HEC application in spiral binding, with supporting documentation sent separately, by September 20, 2022, at the latest.
- Whether the application is accepted or rejected, none of the aforementioned application documents will be returned.
- The highest academic merit will be used by HEC to identify qualified candidates. Moroccan authorities or institutions may conduct tests or interviews with selected Pakistani nominees.
- Only applications that have been submitted online will be taken into consideration. Application saves or incomplete submissions won’t be accepted. The HEC’s nomination agency recommendation is final and legally binding.
- Please be aware that HEC plays a facilitation role in the nomination process because the donor country, agency, or institute will make the final decision. HEC won’t be held responsible financially for this scholarship, either.
Students applying for any professional degree, such as those in medicine, engineering, agriculture, etc., are solely responsible for confirming that the degree has been accredited by the relevant councils, such as the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC), Agriculture Council, Nursing Council, etc. It is advised against applying to a programme that is not accredited by HEC and the appropriate council in the applicant’s own self-interest.
WHERE TO SEND APPLICATIONS
Before September 20, 2022, all applicants must mail HEC the completed hard copies of their applications and supporting documentation at the address provided below.
International scholarships, The Higher Education Commission’s Division of Scholarships
Islamabad, Sector H-9.
i) 051-111-119-432 or 0334-1119432
ii) Website: https://onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk/