You can’t just upgrade your computer’s RAM without first making a few sure things. The maximum RAM on each PC is constrained by its motherboard and operating system, respectively (OS). The maximum RAM for your computer is the lower of those two limits.
Without getting a new RAM stick, you may effectively increase the RAM! Yes, there is something known as “virtual RAM” that essentially boosts the RAM on your computer. We’ll go into more detail on how to increase and decrease the RAM on your computer in this article.
Here’s how to add more RAM to your laptop.
- Take a look at your RAM usage.
- Check to see if you can upgrade.
- To access your memory banks, open the panel.
- To prevent electrostatic discharge, ground yourself.
- Remove RAM if required.
- Put in the fresh memory module (s)
The Best Ways to Utilize Your RAM
- Switch off your computer.
- Restarting your computer is the first thing you can try to do to free up RAM. You can also try updating your software, trying a different browser, clearing your cache, removing browser extensions, tracking memory usage, and cleaning up processes.
- Stop running background apps and disable startup programmes that you don’t need.